April 11, 2008

Friday recipe - 4/11/08

They're BAAACCCCCKKKKK!!!!

After 4 (or was it 5 or 6 or 7) weeks of NOT HAVING A STOVE, I finally have one! A NEW ONE! A BRIGHT, SHINY, SPANKING NEW Stove/Range/Oven-y Thingy. It's BE-U-Tiful. And, I've been using it. In it's short lifespan in our home, it's already baked abuncha dozen cookies (I can't tell you how many because they're all gone and my hips & ass aren't talking), 2 loaves of banana bread, Dream Dinners Chicken Parmigiana & Garlic Bread, Dream Dinners Cider Braised Pork Chops and AMomTwoBoys Best Ever Chicken & Pasta*. It will be used, lovingly and often. As opposed to some OTHER stoves I've heard about recently.


Anyhoo, I thought I'd share a recipe with you. I KNOW how much you all used to love, honor, cherish and adore my recipes and how you've all missed them so. Did you really even realize they were missing?! Whatever.


So here you go...AMomTwoBoys BEST EVER Banana Bread




1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Oil
2 Eggs
1 Cup (2 medium) mashed ripe bananas
1/2 Cup Dairy Sour Cream
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 Cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt


Heat Oven to 350. Grease & flour bottom only of 9x5 loaf pan.


In large bowl, beat together sugar and oil. Add eggs, bananas, sour cream & vanilla. Blend well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup, level off. Add to wet ingredients with baking soda & salt until just moistened. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes. Cool 5 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely.


I get in trouble if I make this and don't add chocolate chips, so do so if you wish.


*AM2B's best ever chicken pasta is only a recipe in my head and will most likely never be shared here. Not because I'm all secretive about it's goodness, but because it consists of measurements like "some wine" and "a little cream". That doesn't really translate well.

Happy Baking!

5 comments:

Texasholly said...

hahaha. I could actually do this...I just don't want to reward my oven for such insubordination. I have no idea how to spell that word, but am too lazy to go look it up.

Jennifer S said...

Believe it or not: I know that recipe! My favorite aunt gave it to me years ago, except hers calls for 1/2 c melted butter instead of oil. I can pretty much make this from memory, and it is soooo good. I think it's the sour cream that makes it better and different than other recipes. Also, it's yummy to add 1 cup of chopped nuts (I like pecans in it).

I'm envious of your new oven! Sounds like it's getting a workout.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

I've got something for you at my place!

Tootsie Farklepants said...

And I'm jealous of your new stove.

JCK said...

Congrats on the new stove!

It's 6:49AM and my son is walking to the bathroom singing, "Spring is here. Spring is here!"