April 22, 2008

If My Children Had Been Born in Compton

Remember that post a few months ago (how could you NOT?)...the one where I was all "Oh no! Life as I know it is OVER! I'll have to actually WATCH my children and won't be able to leave Zach on the bed or the couch unsupervised (not that I EVER did that before, mind you) again!"

Well...I officially eat my words. NOW, life as I know it is over. I put Zach down on the floor at the shop yesterday and he immediately rolled to his belly and lifted himself up off the floor onto his KNEES! As in, "Watch out Suckas, I'm about ready to crawl all up in this joint."

"Watch Out Foo'. I'm about to put a cap in yo' ass"


Throughout the day, this newfound technique progressed to a very crude and rudimentary, but nonetheless efficient, army-type crawl. This new "crawling" has led to quite a few predicatments. Much like the one pictured here:

"How do you like me now?"

"Just try to get me outta here, Bizzy. Just TRY."

And has led to many instances which have led Dylan to proclaim "Uh Oh Mommy! Zach has my ____!" (Insert train tracks, thing, cup, etc.) And, which has led Dylan to make many a face akin to this one:

"Stay outta my shit, homey, or things is gonna get UGLY up in here"

But without the smile. Picture this face, but VERY RED and VERY, VERY Angry. Menacing even.

10 comments:

Madge said...

that's the problem! life as you know it keeps ending and you end up in some new craziness. the photos are to cute.

Christy said...

How fun! I can't wait until Izzy is mobile. Then I won't have to carry his HEAVY butt everywhere.

Z said...

LOVE the huge smiles on Zach's face as he's maneuvering around. So proud of himself for learning a new way to drive mommy crazy! ;)

Jennifer said...

Word. He's gon' be gettin' up IN yo stuff, fo sho.

Quart said...

"Menacing" is always the word I use to describe Dylan. That kid is a bad ass.

Jennifer S said...

Love the dialogue. I say both kids are pretty badass.

Very cute pictures.

EatPlayLove said...

How exciting, life as you know it is over. I hated crawling, all those icky germs on their hands!

Watch how quickly Dylan starts to get territorial now that Zach can move in on his stuff!

Texasholly said...

ha. good luck with that.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

Yep. You're fooked.

JCK said...

You are TOO funny. I don't want to alarm you, but...my BOY went from the army crawl to walking pretty quickly. Walking at 10 months!