April 12, 2008

In Which I Complain About the "Heat"

It's HOT. Not really, but it feels like it's about NineGaBillion Degrees in my living room right now. No, make that TenGaBillion. Yea. Ten-andAHalfGaBillion. That's more like it. It's one of those nights where a glass of red wine doesn't even taste as good as usual because I'm wishing I'd poured a nice COLD glass of white, but I had a glass of red left in the bottle (which doesn't happen often) and I didn't want it to go bad, since it's taken me 4 nights to finish this bottle (which also doesn't happen often) so I poured the red, even against my better "It's hot so a glass of white would taste much better" judgement, and now I'm regretting it.

But we had an awesome day today, which produced many an awesome picture, which you'll see tomorrow, and I just entered the contest currently running at Pioneer Woman which I'm pretty sure I'm not going to win since I was the Elevent Billionth entry. Not really. I was the 4,8oo-something entrant, which is better, but still not great. Oh well. I don't have room in my house for more electronic crap, unless it's a new camera, which I STILL haven't succeeded in convincing DJ I NEED. He says he needs new golf clubs more and I'm like "Say what? How do golf clubs benefit the FAMILY as a UNIT? They just benefit YOU. A camera would benefit ALL of us, including our extended families and my blog readers." And he's all "If I get new clubs, I'll be more likely to leave to go golfing and you won't have to deal with me" and I'm all "Touche" and I think I lost him at the whole blog readers part. He really resents all the attention you guys get.

Speaking of, do I still even have blog readers? Where have you guys been? HELLLLOOOO??? Is there even any one out there anymore?

Did I tell you it's hot today?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is this HOT of which you speak? ; ) I've had the butt warmers on in my van since October! LOL! But it's supposed to actually crack 70 this week and I have high hopes my current funk will disappear with the cold. Hot, indeed. ; )
Oh, and I passed over the cold white for the red tonight. LOL!

Madge said...

i am still here! quickly blogging before my husband comes back because he also resents blogging. oh wait. he's back. gotta go!

justme said...

i am here.....sorry - haven't been commenting that much.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

It. Is. Still. Hot.

Jennifer S said...

It's supposed to be 93 here tomorrow (AZ), and 96 on Monday. Too. damn. hot.

Seriously, it's April!

Quart said...

I stopped reading when it was obvious your wine drinking had slowed. But you're back! Hooray! I missed you.

Oh, and we had to turn our freaking AC on yesterday. And it's supposed to be 38 degrees tonight. WTF, Virginia?

Quart said...

Oh, and speaking of Pioneer Woman, I had a dream last night that I wrote to tell her how much I hate her new layout. Am I the only one? Don't worry - I didn't tell her I knew you, so you may still win her contest. Which I can't even FIND on her new website layout.

JCK said...

I'm here! I've been submerged in pulling off what turned out to be an awesome fundraiser for the kids' school on Friday night. I'm waaay behind on reading my faves!

Yes, it IS hot. And I have to switch to white wine in this weather or, of course, Jack O'Clock.

Husband is not quite thrilled with amount of time blogging these days...

Ms. Maxwell said...

Here, here! Me, that is. Reading faithfully via my Google Reader and doing my darndest to hit that "show original item" link and comment. You've actually inspired me with about 4 posts that I'm trying to get written, but the weather is too damn nice to be inside. So then what the hell am I doing inside? The kids are happily playing with MoonSand on the deck, Mr. O is hiking -- imagine that! -- and I just could not pass up the 30 minute window to serve my blogaholism.

As for the temperature-libation quandary, we went for gin-n-tonics Friday night to celebrate the impending spring-ish weather. Note to self: gin is way better than any sleep-aid pharmaceutical in existence. Really. I think it's taken me the past 36 hours to wake up.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

You have a lot of bitching going on today. Where are my readers, whine, whine, it's so hot out here, waa, waa, waaa...

Just kidding except that I secretly hate you and all the commenters here who have the gall to complain of heat when we are experiencing snow flurries today. SNOW! HELLOO??? APRIL!!

KEEP BELIEVING

Anonymous said...

I'm here, just doing a ton of lurking lately without time to comment ... I'm with you about the heat, although the kids were outside playing lacrosse this afternoon and came in saying that the "end of the world is coming" because the temp dropped almost 15 degrees in under 10 min!

Texasholly said...

hahaha. ya, I have learned not to mention the word "blog" in public or excessive blog-stedman eyerolling occurs.

I have a little something for you at my blog...and I have discovered a very fun game using Google...and Holiday dog and peeing and....