December 3, 2007

Twas Three Weeks Before Christmas

Went shopping today. You'd think, given the title of this post, that I would have at least been a BIT productive with the Christmas Shopping, but, uh, no. I was a complete and total Christams present failure. I did get some adorable clothes for Dylan, which, technically, could be Christmas presents, but given my nature, I KNOW he will have worn all of them several times before The Big Day arrives. I looked at something (not to be mentioned here in case DJ checks up on me and reads about it) Christmas presenty while I was at Target, but as I pondered whether or not to buy it, the lights went out. OUT. COMPLETELY BLACK. IN TARGET. The back up lights didn't turn on for a good 15 seconds. Dylan could be heard saying "It's DARK" "It's Nighttime" and various Target employees could be heard discussing where to find flashlights and HOW, in the COMPLETE DARKNESS they were going to get to them without killing themselves. I wasn't worried, though. I know that store like the back of my hand. If they still had that grocery store game, the one where you have to run through the store with your cart and get a bunch of stuff while being timed (what was that called? I can't remember) I would totally KICK ASS at that game, in Target, with the LIGHTS OFF. Anyways, I figured that was a sign from the universe to NOT make that purchase, so we didn't. At check out, we did get a $3.00 coupon for the "trouble" that had been caused by the black out. SCORE!


Then we were off to Costco. Good God...I ALWAYS forget that I should NOT, under ANY circumstances, go there when I'm hungry. Especially during the Holidays. The Freezer section was JAM PACKED with various packages of assorted appetizer goodness. I had to restrain myself and only ended up walking out with boxes of Jalapeno Poppers & Mozzarella Sticks. Classy is how we do it. But they were SO Good. I also stocked up on the Artichoke/Spinach/Cheese things that are in the refrigerator case. It's the sole green thing that Dylan will eat. He LOVES them. He even ate them before he hate his Mozzarella Sticks. I KNOW! I wouldn't have believed it either, if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Oh, and I got some Bailey's...DJ is still bitter that my 90ish year old Grandmother took his Bailey's away from him when we were playing Bingo for prizes a few years back. Yes, I did say that we were playing Bingo for PRIZES AND that my almost 90 year old (at the time) Grandmother STOLE the Bailey's AWAY from my husband AND that he was MAD about it! If you'd like to be added to our invitee list for Christmas, just let me know. The more the merrier is what I say! I'm hoping the cops will be called this year. With 4 children under the age of 3 together Christmas morning, things might get a little ugly. I'll be sure to take video for those of you who won't be there with us.

I took my Christmas card pictures last night. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Dylan KIND OF cooperated. At least as much as any 2 1/2 year old can be expected to cooperate. Zach was being a turd and refused to smile. This from the kid who will smile at just about anything, anytime. I did get him to smile a few times, but I never managed to get a good picture of it. Oh well. A few outtakes are below...hopefully they won't ruin the surprise for those of you who will be getting the card in the mail.







Smile? Oh...I'll SMILE ALL RIGHT...



Sneezing



Mom...This is SO LAME


Finally! Zach smiles. Of course Dylan is 1/2 Face Boy & they're completely out of center.


Notice DJ in the background of the picture? Being OH SO HELPFUL?! In his defense we had just started watching "Ocean's 13" when I decided to take this on. He kept yelling at us to be quiet. Our home is OVERFLOWING with Christmas Cheer. Still want to be added to the invitee list?

The children are nestled all snug in their beds...OH WAIT...no they're not. Zach is in the Magic Swing and Dylan is in his room with his door shut...definitely NOT napping...wrapping presents, maybe? No, too young. Sneaking Candy? No, that was the other day and I moved the candy out of his reach. Peeing on the bed? NO, THAT was this morning (in my room, but on DJ's side-HA!) and I'm still not sure how it happened. Playing trains? No...don't hear the necessary train playing noises. Watching TV? No, it's turned off. That only leaves us with one other possibility. Which means, much to my chagrin, that I'm off to change yet another diaper. When do boys get sick of sitting in their poop? Ever? Never? By the time they're 5? SOON, I hope!

Tonight, after the sun goes down (for reasons I'm not going to go into here-Duh, it's kind of obvious) I'll take pictures of the Christmas lights. I know you've all been waiting for them. I did NOT win the award for most festive house. I think every person surrounding my house beat me. But whatever...I have the snowflake lights that will apparently make everyone else jealous. And that's what counts.

I leave you with my new favorite thing...Zach has started sucking his thumb. It's kind of accidental. Like, he doesn't KNOW to put his thumb in his mouth, but he's pleasantly surprised when it makes it's way there. It's SO FREAKING CUTE I can't even stand it. I have already checked out those plastic thumb guards, just to prepare for what I might need in the future. I'm a little worried he might poke his eye out, but so long as I don't let him suck his thumb with a fork in his hand, I think he'll be okay. (That was for your benefit, "Quart"!)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The image of Zach with a fork in his hand made me think of Steve Martin as Ruprecht in Dirty Rotten Scroundels. Next Halloween, get him a pirate outfit with an eye patch and a cork for his fork!

Great photos (really)!

Texasholly said...

Yeah, I agree that Target in the dark would be a breeze--aren't we usually blinded with fatigue when there anyway? Love the pictures and the poppers.