January 27, 2008

The Week In Review & A MeMe or Two...Oh Yeah and A LOT of photos

Okay, really just one MeMe, tagged by two people, June Cleaver Nirvana and Motherscribe. Thanks ladies. No really, thanks.

Here are the rules of the meme: Go back through your archives and post the links to your five favorite blog posts that you’ve written.

But there is a catch:
Link 1 must be about family.
Link 2 must be about friends.
Link 3 must be about yourself, who you are… what you’re all about.
Link 4 must be about something you love.
Link 5 can be anything you choose.

So, here we go.
Link 1, Family- Here's this one. And this goes along with it. Oh, yeah, and this one too.
Link 2, Friends- Here you go. A post about "Friends". Oh, you meant friends, as in people you hang out with, go out to lunch with and invite to parties? I thought you meant the TV show. And this post isnt' really ABOUT "Friends", but it does contain a few well placed quotes/references to/from the show.
Link 3, Me, Me, Me- Things About Me You Didn't Know You Wanted To Know, or something like that.
Link 4, Something I LOVE- I COULD link to something about my children, my husband, or my pets, but I choose this. I love it. I really do. REALLY. You will too, I promise.
Link 5, My Choice- So now I'll talk about my kids. Well one in particular. This is just funny to me. I hope you think so too.

Now, moving on to my week in review, mostly with pictures, because I've been working on this damn post for, like, 5 hours and I've gotten nowhere. Gak!

Because this sums up my feelings perfectly, and saves me the time of typing it all out. Please replace any reference to Texas with California or TX with CA or Texans with Californians. Got it? Good.

My new favorite words:
Spazzazoid
Horridity

Because I had a "FREAK OUT" earlier this week and because I'd like to close the book on the subject with a positive note. JCK of Motherscribe wrote this post about Heath Ledger. It's how he should be remembered.

Now to the pictures:


Do you like See Food?

He east squash now!

Cooking Lasagna, Baking Cake & Drinking Wine


Lasagna simmering...

The finished product...

Proof that Tahoe thinks he's a human baby.


Pioneer Woman's Chocolate Cake.


It really is the best ever.


What my sink looked like after all my cooking...



What it looked like later that same night...



Dylan's akward nap position...



Zach's Beer Belly...



Oh, and the lasagna? It was good, for plain ole' lasagna. BUT, and don't tell Pioneer Woman, it wasn't as good as my favorite lasagna ever. But for that, you'll just have to wait until Friday when it will be the featured recipe. And yes, it does involve cooking skills, to a degree. There's chopping, browning, slicing, shredding, a whole lot of special ingredients, a whole lot of prep time, but, oh, is it worth it in the long run. Trust me. It's special. And, my sister can cook it, which means you can too. I mean you. And you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My opinion and I'm sharing it:
I don't like the Live Traffic Feed - it shows everything I do via your blog - I much preferred being what you call a "lurker".
And what is a "meme"?

Quart said...

Um, I don't read your blog to be insulted. Now you've made your sister AND your mother the lurker unhappy. How does that make you feel?

Texasholly said...

Yeah! Thanks for playing. It made me realize that I have been stalking you since almost the beginning...weird? How did we meet? I loved it all...I am especially partial to the guest Christmas blog because that made me laugh so hard when I first read it. I do think you should have played up "Holiday Dog" a little bit, but you can save that for next time. See, I am laughing now just thinking of it and can hardly type. Glad I could save you some time with the driver post. And I have until Friday to learn to cook? Oh, the pressure. Liked your fly clean sink.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

That cake looks great. I will have to try it. Some wine and cake and I'm GOOD to GO!
KEEP BELIEVING